Friday, March 15, 2013

15 with style and grace

Well I knew the day would come that one of my minions would be turning 15, the problem was I was not prepared. You see when you hold those perfect little miracles in your arms you never imagine them leaving your arms.

I for one was not to thrilled with her growing up. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond proud of the amazing young woman that she has become but, well it wasn't supposed to be this fast! The day of her birthday I was excited, and apprehensive. Her aunt cried, her grandma cried, her daddy kept looking at picture's of the little girl he first met, and me well I was searching for the email or text from her asking permission to turn 15!

Apparently the older your children get the faster time goes. I still remember her only wanting her mommy, and her proclamation that she would always hold my hand and skip with me in public (which I must say she still does:) But now it has moved to Cheer leading, Track, BPA, School Dances, Face book, and Friends.

To say that I am proud of her would be an understatement. She is truly the self confidant, intelligent, morally sound girl that I wished I could have been at the age of 15! Rather than sneaking out, partying, and avoiding going home, she has taken her teenage years in stride and handles them with style and grace. She still tells me everything, she hides nothing from me or my husband and I think it is amazing that she has the trust in us to do this!

Rather than worrying about where she is we always know. She has a pretty lenient curfew because of the fact that she truly just isn't up to no good. Often her friends will come to our place and hang out and I must say I just love those kids! Plus nothing feels better than being the house that the kids feel safe at!

So I guess even though she is getting older, she still needs me. And that I hope never changes! I have recently ordered her a book and I think that you would all love to read it too! It's called "How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World"
http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Hepburn-Hilton-World/dp/1599951835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363367690&sr=8-1&keywords=Being+Audrey+Hepburn+in+a+Paris+Hilton+World

I think we can all benefit from aiming our girls towards style and grace regardless of what other's in society think.